Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Battery kill switch

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Battery kill switch

Post by X5Sport » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

[quote="jeegnesh"]
[quote="lezmtaylor"]
Well done, glad it works ok.

Lez
[/quote]

BTW - I can’t charge via the front terminals if the switch is off.
[/quote]

Er yes.  That is exactly as expected.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:09 pm

[quote="henrym3"]
So, how does this work, you open the drivers door with the key, climb over the seat, drop the rear seat backrest and operate switch or can you just reach the rear door and open it from the inside?
[/quote]
You could open front door with key then reach rear handle to unlock. In my case car is parked in a safe place so I don't need to lock the door, makes it easier. If seat is put back I'm sure a their would be puzzled as to why the things doesn't start, good security.
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

henrym3
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by henrym3 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:26 pm

With all them mods and left unlocked. What did you say your address was? :)
E53 X5 4.6is, Carbon Black, LPG, Paddle Shift, Dynavin N6, Lowered, 22"Wheels, Side Bars. Perfusion Exhaust
E30 M3 Black, S50B32 Engine, 6 Speed Box, Ireland Engineering ARBs & Big Brake Conversion, Lowered, 18"LMs, CF CAI, CF Splitter & Barge Board, ZM3 Quad Exhaust.
VW R32 Gone

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:29 pm

[quote="henrym3"]
With all them mods and left unlocked. What did you say your address was? :)
[/quote]

No 1 The Jungle  :)

Too much faith in people
Mods: H Steering, Towbar, Wide Arches, Inforad K2, HIDS, Heated Seats, PS2 Media Center, x555 Sub Box (Focal), Rear Fake Tins, RV Cam, Screen Protect, Front Tints, 168 20's, Re-Map, Black Roundels, De-badge, BSW Dash Mids, Tweeter & Xover, Rear Screens, Intravee

pvr
Lifer
Lifer

Post by pvr » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 pm

Nice and straight mounting position  :))

Not sure if I could be bothered to be in the 60s every time I started the car though.
X5M F85,  Golf Clipper, Abarth 595 Competizioni, Jeep

911 50th anniversary -
Site & Forum Admin Team Member.

jeegnesh

Post by jeegnesh » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm

[quote="pvr"]
Nice and straight mounting position  :))

Not sure if I could be bothered to be in the 60s every time I started the car though.
[/quote]

I knew I should have straightened it before taking a pic. I’ll do that when I get some Velcro. Yeah 60s not much fun but the joy of hearing the car turnover is just so appealing right now.