Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Lowering

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Lowering

Post by shadrack » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:55 pm

[quote="macca"]
guys i think my comments about the X5 being the  'ultimate driven machine" stand

sure an M3 would be nice but............

my X5 is lowered ( springs) turbo diesel, AND MINE is debt free, so what does that give me

great overall visibility when driving , great handling, fantastic fuel economy for a 2 tonne vehicle, love the torque on winding mountain roads, high level of safety and no payments,

yep "ultimate driving machine"
[/quote]

hmm i would say ultimate driving machine...no, nice handling 4x4 that handles better than all competitors...yes

debt free fuel economy bit is confusing....all my cars are debt free,

so based on that i welcome you to the fact that the ultimate driving is now a- 2005 transit swb t280 2.0di
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

macca

Post by macca » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:04 am

mate i think i see where we are differing, i dont consider my X5 a 4X4, while i do agree it is an ALL wheel drive, i struggle with the 4X4 notion, for me in Australia for off road, beach driving and towing a boat i use a Jeep cherokee,

probably not the best 4X4 but nun the less a vehicle with a 4X4 heritage( and low range and a locking centre diff) the Jeep has a 4 inch lift bigger wheels regeared diffs etc.

whereas my X5 is lowered with 20 inch staggered wheels, and is in my humble opinion a VERY competent street vehicle, i am in no illusions as to the fact that there are vastly better handling cars, but from where i sit most days in bumper to bumper traffic crawling at 30kph, my X5 IS the ultimate driving machine, yep i could be sitting in a M3 looking at the rear bumper bar of the car in front or, as is the case, have a commanding view from the X, i could be driving a small nippy Japanese car but i prefer the driving dynamics of the X5,

i know little of your country but for me in Australia with vast distances to cover ranging from congested city traffic to wide open freeways and secondary roads its my humble view i cant find a better car to be in

the debt free comment missed some punctuation , what i was saying is that ANY car that is owned outright takes on a status of ultimate driving machine for me, this whole trade up mentality with constant repayments to me is foolish, i prefer to find i a car i enjoy and then keep it

however i do respect other people have there own opinions and respect there choices

i dont however see where you seem to take offence at me feeling my X5 is FOR ME MY ultimate driving machine ( a play on BMWs advertising that i assumed referred to their whole range of cars)

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:52 pm

yay i finally agree, would rather have a older car thats mine ;)
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

Reusch

Post by Reusch » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Yep I would love a new/nearly new vehicle but no way on earth I could afford a X6(what I want next) I'll have to wait a couple of more years for them to come into my price range.
JFT96.YNWA

Current
Jaguar XF

Previous
Porsche Cayenne 3.2 (money pit)
BMW X5 3.0D
Mercedes C Class,Mazda RX8,Jaguar S Type 3.0.

snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by snipez999 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:46 pm

PCP sounds like a banned substance and can lead to bad trips - plenty of bad trips if it's an Audi

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport

B5tew

Post by B5tew » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:03 am

[quote="Johnny-p"]
B5tew

How low have you gone and where/what front springs did you fit?

I take it the rear was lowered electronically?

John
[/quote]sorry John I missed your question and have just noticed it
As Shadrack says I had his old springs I think they are about -40mm and the rear is lowered with links from air ride lowering there is a thread on here somewhere about it

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
2015 Space grey 30d F15