Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Winter wheels fitted now bring on the snow!!

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Buzznuts

Winter wheels fitted now bring on the snow!!

Post by Buzznuts » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:38 pm

Well bought myself some 18"winter wheels on toyo A/T open country rubber. This will be the first time I have specifically used winter wheels and I am looking forward to seeing just how much difference they will make. The x5 usually sits on 20" Le Mans staggered so it was pretty obvious that those bad boys would just act like ski's in the white stuff to which that would then render the 4x4 useless in turn having my better half nagging for buying one in the first place. Just how much better can I expect the driving to get from using winters?

B19CKM

Re: Winter wheels fitted now bring on the snow!!

Post by B19CKM » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:22 pm

Do you have any pictures, and where did you get them fitted? Is there anyone in County Durham who supply wheels & tyres at good price? :camera:
2005 55reg 3.0d, e53 grey on grey with anthracite alloys, tints

Colin

Post by Colin » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:03 pm

oops , im on 20s and our weather says snow showers tonight and tomorrow ..
05 , 30d Le Mans Blue Sport

shadrack
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by shadrack » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:48 pm

It probly wont snow since I got the rrs for winter as past 3 year I would of been snowed in had I not had the x5. So bought that after realising I had no 4x4 for winter
current: 2016 Vw Crafter
              2007 318d touring
              2008 Transit sport van            
              1964 vw beach buggy
              1988 e30 325i convertible

Buzznuts

Post by Buzznuts » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:51 am

Wheels where Bought from a forum member near Blackburn. They are e70 wheels with spigots to correct the bore size. I got them at a bargain price considering they have 8mm tread left and wheels have no major marks. I have been watching sets on eBay with half this tread depth go for more than I paid.
Not to keen on the width in the arches though imay add spacers just to push them out a little. I will add pics when I get some.

MrMaloo

Post by MrMaloo » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:32 pm

Tell me about it. Since moving house to the top of a big hill and getting snowed out of home whilst at work i decided to get 2 sets of winter wheels - one for the van and one for the x5.....not seen a drop of snow since! Dunno if its a good omen or just murphys luck! Lol
X5 4.8IS - Black with cream leather, silver c/f trim, E70 r-wiper, LED int lights comp & remote r/v mirror, heated seats f&b, rear air con, double glazing, Intravee, elec reclining r-seats, grad tint w/s, pan roof, sat nav, blue tooth, digi tv, elec fold mirrors, hifi spkr sys, sliding floor, hsw