Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bad radio signal

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Mikey

Bad radio signal

Post by Mikey » Wed May 07, 2014 6:09 pm

So in my X i got realy bad radio signal, (way worse than a m8 and his X) got the navi stuff no drs. Do belive i might have found the fault and was hoping someone could help\confirm this.

On the rear of the car i found a cable (behind the plastick ofc) coming from the roof, its a black cable with copper and red+yellow inside, it has been cut right before the cd changer\navi cd player. Cant find the other end ( do suspect it has been removed ) Retard befor me had fitted some china crap replacement navi and he should not be allowed to fiddle in cars >:(

So if anyone does know the wiering codes from the antenna etc plz do help me out :DImage

red spot marks where i found the cable
Last edited by Mikey on Wed May 07, 2014 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mikey

Re: Bad radio signal

Post by Mikey » Thu May 15, 2014 4:37 pm

So il post my findings here incase some one else gets this problem. The cable i found was from a old reverse camera witch was no longer installed on the car. My signal problems was from the "antenna booster" having issues ( located with bmwscanner 1.4.0 ) deleted error code and problem was gone :D