Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Servicing costs

General Discussion for X3 (F25) models go here.
frawdder

Servicing costs

Post by frawdder » Sat May 07, 2016 12:47 pm

1st post on the forum. I’m about to take delivery of 65 plate X3 20d, it’s a couple of months old with 2k on the clock and I’m looking to keep it for 4 years (maybe 5). It doesn’t have a service plan but looking into taking out the 5 year plan @ £680. Just trying to work out if it’s cost effective.

I’ve been checking the forums but still can’t get a handle on what the service schedule would be, read so many conflicting opinions. With the mileage I do I expect the 1st service @ 2 years and the 2nd service @ 4 years.

@ 2 years will this be an oil/oil filter/pollen filter/brake fluid.
@ 4 years will this be an Inspection I (including oil and filters) and brake fluid.

When does the air and fuel filters get changed?

Looking to price these up so I can compare to service deal.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Servicing costs

Post by X5Sport » Sat May 07, 2016 3:13 pm

Some dealers don't change either of them if they can get away with it!  Plenty of reports on line of neither filter being replaced for 60,000 miles.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

frawdder

Post by frawdder » Sun May 08, 2016 12:24 pm

Thanks for the info x5sport. Might just skip the service plan as it looks like you only ever get 2 services in the 5 years/50K. I will look to get an oil change at local indi 1st and 3rd year (without service reset) and get inspection/break fluid at dealers 2nd/4th.

Anyone got a recent price for inspection service and brake fluid change from dealers?

Pinewood

Post by Pinewood » Sun May 08, 2016 5:32 pm

@frawdder -  i took the 5 year maintenance package at a cost of £680. Like yours,  my car was a year old with only 3500 miles on the clock. It also came with the remainder of the 2 year warranty.
I bought it because i had the money ready and also managed to secure a £1k discount on the car,  with the maint package.
I used it as a bargaining tool at the last moment when they would only drop the price by £250.
The bottom line is it's probably not going to pay for itself,  but i will have a lot of goodwill from. BMW for the next 5 years if anything major were to fail on the car.
Also as X5Sport says -  i will be getting an oil/oil fillter change years 1 and 3 from my trusted indy.
F25 x30d M Sport Lci. Prof Media/Nav, adaptive xenons,ext storage,lights package, 19" Staggered 622M alloys.