Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Auto folding the door mirrors on locking?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
marksimonpowell

Auto folding the door mirrors on locking?

Post by marksimonpowell » Thu May 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Hi can someone advise how to activate auto folding the door mirrors on locking? Had a good look in manual and I drive but can't find anything?

Thanks in advance
If I'd known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night!

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Auto folding the door mirrors on locking?

Post by X5Sport » Thu May 18, 2017 9:25 pm

You've asked in two sections F15 & E53.  Which one do you have?  E53 is coding and you need the software, or get a Dealer to do it.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Fri May 19, 2017 11:13 am

And it assumes the motor is fitted in the first place. When i first got my car I spent quite some time trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to work. turns out it was never fitted in the first place......

Smee

kkx5

Post by kkx5 » Fri May 19, 2017 7:15 pm

Autofold can not be coded to e53.

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:25 am

Well thats very strange.........is my E53 the only one in creation whose door mirrors fold on pressing the fob lock then?  Pretty sure quite a lot of people have done this, right back from wayback when Navcoder and the Resler thingy were needed to do it.....

Carly does it a lot easier these days - I reprogrammed mine after the dealer replaced one of the mittor motors. 

So you can get them to fold when you lock, and unfold  when you unlock, no problem at all, but obviously the mirrors need motors to do so!
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

kkx5

Post by kkx5 » Sat May 20, 2017 9:51 am

You must have some kind aftermarket module fitted or some mode done to mirrors positive. From coding side it is not possible to code folding mirrors on lock on e53. But, if you know how to code it, show me the path...

CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by CondorX5 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:49 pm

I don't have any aftermarket stuff at all on my X5.........a lot of people managed to set the mirrors to fold on locking wizth fob and unfold on unlocking - years ago, it was possible with Resler and Navcoder and I recently did it again with Carly when a mirror motor was replaced. No big deal, it was pretty simple via the Carly app and dongle. I don't write code. 
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

Beamer

Post by Beamer » Sun May 21, 2017 10:50 pm

Just a quick one. When I hit the button on the door to fold the mirrors in they go in and out just as fast as they went in.
Someone told me it is expensive to have this repaired is this correct ?

Smeeagain
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Smeeagain » Mon May 22, 2017 12:44 am

Depends what the issue is. There is a long post about a relatively simple fix in the How To Section
Have a look
Smee