Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

What price suspension arms /bushes change?

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
CondorX5
Snr Member
Snr Member

What price suspension arms /bushes change?

Post by CondorX5 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm

My ancient 4.8is has got to that point where a number of things need doing.........at least the warranty coughed up today for nroken door carrier and lock on the passenger door - nightmare scenario where it wouldn’t open from inside or outside.  They also replaced the BT unit ....... the warranty has certainly been fantastic on this car.
But there are maintenance issues popping up now, and BMWs video show the polynushes looking a bit suspect and the arms rather tired - just wondering what a reasonable price would be to change all the polybuses and suspension arms before I start getting it priced up locally. Certainly not getting main dealers involved in this one.....
X5 2005 Le Mans Blue 4.8is
Fully loaded but Now semi-retired! 

X5 2012 Alpine White 40d MSport 21" style 215 black alloys, rear entertainment, media package, comfort seats and a load of other options.

sleepyfolk

Re: What price suspension arms /bushes change?

Post by sleepyfolk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi, I’ve just done the front suspension arms: 2 x drop links, 2 x track rod ends, 2 x lower ball joints, 2x front control arms, 2 x front rear control arms - paid £275 for a Meyle HD kit, 2 x anti roll bar bushes, and about £100 to have it fitted.

These ones below:

Last edited by sleepyfolk on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
E53 X5 4.6is Carbon Black 2003
Mercedes CLK 320
Audi A6 Quattro 2.4

A Blair

Re: What price suspension arms /bushes change?

Post by A Blair » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:12 pm

I had all the suspension bushes changed last year. Was not cheap. Cannot find the invoice.
I had  the inner and outer track rod ends done with BMW patent parts by an indie for £212. You can get cheaper parts. The four wheel alignment, see if you can find somebody with a Hunter wheel alignment. They have a website showing local dealers.
The drop links you may want to consider doing yourself as they are so easy when the wheels are off.
Car drives really nice with a tight steering wheel.
X5 E53 2005 4.4 Sport. Toledo Blue
Things to consider.
Radio. (something in
Detail Car.