Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat Nav Display Refurbished

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E53).
Worthing

Sat Nav Display Refurbished

Post by Worthing » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:51 am

Hi Gang,

Just purchased my first X5 E54 (2004) - Wish i had come across this forum before, lots of good information.

Couple little issues with it but seems good engine wise.

The first thing i want to sort is the display in the center console. The screen has large parts not working.

Not easy to find refurb units online, was just wondering if anybody knows of a company within 30 miles of Brighton that could refurb my unit for me?

:)

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sat Nav Display Refurbished

Post by X5Sport » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:18 am

Hello and :hi:

I think you mean E53.... :)

Given the number of options on these cars you’ll need to give members a little more information as to what you have so we know if you have full satnav or just a MID system that isn’t working?
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Worthing

Post by Worthing » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:08 am

You are indeed right E53!!!!

Yes believe full sat nav, has the disk in the boot along with cd changer. Not too bothered about actually getting the sat nav working (although would be nice) I am keen to get the screen working so i can see radio stations etc.

(I have proof red before posting this time!).

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:21 pm

OK  :D

You’re looking for having either a Mk4 head replacement or refurbish in that case.  Should be a DVD drive for the nav system.

It’s usually the ribbon cable causing most of the issues so if you are any good with electronics then it will be a case of getting the head out and then at the screen.  I think there are a few on here who have successfully done this.

Have a search for ribbon cable  :)
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.