Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

New e70 owner

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
westside

New e70 owner

Post by westside » Wed Jan 04, 2012 4:27 pm

hi thought i would share some pics of my X5 4.8 have had it about 3 months. Not new to the BMW modding scene but this is my first e70 :-)

Mods

12 pot brakes up front 405mm floating discs
8 pot brakes rear 380mm 2 piece discs
LUX angel eyes
Hamman style rear spolier
Colour coded grills
H & r lowering springs up front and adustable drop links rear
LED lighting all round
20mm hub centric spacers all round
individual paddle shift wheel (just need to get the moudle and get the car coded for it to work) that should be fun
I have had the rear arches rear bumper and side skirts painted due to the chips the 20" rims give off
K and N panel filters
RPI scoops for a m6 (soon to be fitted) need to mod them first :-)

ICE (currently being fitted)

Focal slimline components 5.25 in the front
Focal Slimeline components rear 4"
Earthquake 8" subs under the seats
Jl w6 13.5 sub in the rear
JL XD 600/6 for the speakers
JL XD 600/1 for the Sub
Audision bit 10

I have also ordered some 3 piece 22" rims 10*22 front and 12*22 rears dubone (6 spoke) deep concave 335/25/22 rear and 295/30/22 front conti sport 5 rubber all round I'll post pics up once fitted :-)

The mrs x5 4.8 (sold now she has a modded 330 touring lol)
I had the black plastics painted gloss black
fitted the lowering links all round
22" alloys
Lamin X fil on the lights
AFE stage 2 induction system
ACS trim

my 750 sport sold this to buy the e70 only 750 with a wald kit huge spec to many mods to list lol
22@ split rims
Big brakes front and rear
KWv3 coilovers
Full JL and Focal install
WALD kit
Quad exhaust conversion

I can post pics up of the mrs e90 330 tpuring modded as well if you want

Mrs 330 touring

engine bay and simots 2 piece carbon induction kit

ACS style wing wimmirs and staggered 19 alloys

bmw 6 pot brakes up front

bmw 2 pot brakes rear

front splitter

rear end

side profile

I have owned a lot more BMW that i love modding :-)

hope to help contribute to the fourm as I have no problem taking my cars apart :-)

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Re: New e70 owner

Post by Sanj » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:01 pm

I can't believe it's taken you this long to join this forum!

Followed your 'is' thread on xoutposts and even Raj told me what you'd got next!

I was at the Meet Jason setup at that pub in Hayes. Saw your 7 there.

Lovely cars, all of them, not sure how you get to do all this with blessing from the missus (or the dog)! ;)

Very warm welcome, you owe us LOADS of pics! :thumbsup:
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

brewer

Post by brewer » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:37 pm

Some great individual motors there Buddy. :thumbsup:

You definitely like your BMW's, alloys and mods!

BIG WELCOME.
Brewer

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:43 pm

Very nice indeedy.. :thumbsup:

Which version of the LUX Angel Eye replacements did you use? Been looking for something to replace the standard H8 bulb on my X6, but so ar not found anything that gives an equivalent light level as the H8. Given these are now rhe DRL for the X6, they do eed to be bright enough for good daylight as well as lower light levels.

So ar the only other choice seems to be the Philips DRL8 system, but that's not really ideal.
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

westside

Post by westside » Wed Jan 04, 2012 6:59 pm

hi i brought the lux angel eyes from a company called car products direct about 170. They do give off a bright light but there not as bright as the new DRL :-(. There still brighter then other H8's on the market.

Sanj yeah i should have joined. I detailed Avtars mrs 330 and told me to join. I just need to sell my 20" x5 rims lol! someone must want them lol

I'll get more pics of of my old e60 etc. Raj is cool he has sold his 22" ACS rims I think he has some BBK for sale.....

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:05 pm

[quote=""westside""]Sanj yeah i should have joined.[/quote]

If you can be bothered - do the same post as the one you did on xoutposts for your 'is'. It's a real credit to the E53 and the effort you put into it. :thumbsup:

Otherwise we'll only have the crappy blue one from the midlands from some guy called Raj! :P
Scn Protect,Alarm Chirp,Ashtray del,Sub install,IV2,Screens,PS2 Media,Chrome rings,Schnitzer pedals,Reverse cam,Silver Grills,F/mirrors,Comp Spkrs,Heated S/W,20"168s,Splash scn,Arches,Remap,LED Tails,ACS Spoiler,'is' Bumper Trim,Rear heated seats,Rear blinds

westside

Post by westside » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:40 pm

lol ok i well do paji

where is Avtar by the way! :D :D

it be good for some of the x drivers to come to our meets we hardly have any x5 at shows....

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:49 pm

[quote=""westside""]lol ok i well do paji[/quote]

Good man, don't delay!

[quote=""westside""]where is Avtar by the way! :D :D[/quote]

That bum! Probably in some airport lounge right now - pretending to be working!

[quote=""westside""]it be good for some of the x drivers to come to our meets we hardly have any x5 at shows....[/quote]

Would love that - there's a thread running for a London Meet. Reckon you can get one sorted for the X5 lads? We'll have more than the London lads down for that. Just need a good place to park up (with amenities, if poss).

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:28 pm

Nice dog ! I used to have one like that ! :D

What huge brakes - other than look good surely overkill though :poke:

Welcome
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)
2012 Porsche Boxster S (981)
2008 Lotus Exige S (a bit modified!)
2015 Nissan Leaf twin turbo with Nitros

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

Rusty
Snr Member
Snr Member

New e70 owner

Post by Rusty » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:02 am

Welcome along. Great looking cars you have there. Mods sound fantastic :thumbsup:

Sent from my iPod device using Tapatalk
3.0d Sport Exclusive E53 CB with black comfort, pano, folding dimming mirrors, 20"ers, comms, xenons, focal sub, Intravee II, GSM heater........and so on.
Runabout - E92 3 Series Coupe

westside

Post by westside » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:21 pm

yeah the brakes are an overkill but as I plan to run 22" in summer the standard brakes just look to small hence I went for the BBK :-)

Yeah SImba the GSD is cool I brought him from a breader he is KC registered and a real gentle giant :-) 14 months now The touring is the car for him he is not allowed in the x5 :-)

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:27 pm

[quote=""westside""]yeah the brakes are an overkill but as I plan to run 22" in summer the standard brakes just look to small hence I went for the BBK :-)

Yeah SImba the GSD is cool I brought him from a breader he is KC registered and a real gentle giant :-) 14 months now The touring is the car for him he is not allowed in the x5 :-)[/quote]

Must have cost a pretty penny those brakes no?

Mine was gentle too unless somebody rattled the door and she would go nuts-quite handy really! People used to cross the road when I was walking her! Now have a golden retriever - people now cross the road to see her!
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport

westside

Post by westside » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:41 pm

lol thats very true avtar has met Simab he is big and only barks when someone looks over the gates then he gives it large lol. Your right people do cross the road when they see a big dog but to be honest all he wants to do is play the good thing is he is really good with other dogs. Did you have your dogs balls removed I havent done his yet in 2 minds about it.

Yeah the brakes were not to bad on price :-) Ive fitted BBK to all of cars but only on the last 3 have i gone for front and rear. You do get a bit more travel in brake pedal due to size of the brakes as obviously the master cylinder is still the same size but its nothing to write home about.

If you dont want BBK I still think braided hoses, a decent set of pads are are a worthwhile mod :-)

Sanj
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Sanj » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:46 pm

[quote=""westside""]Did you have your dogs balls removed I havent done his yet in 2 minds about it.[/quote]

Arrhhh - too much information for a non owner!!!! :o

I take it you mean Neutering

535dboy
Lifer
Lifer

Post by 535dboy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:48 pm

[quote=""westside""]lol thats very true avtar has met Simab he is big and only barks when someone looks over the gates then he gives it large lol. Your right people do cross the road when they see a big dog but to be honest all he wants to do is play the good thing is he is really good with other dogs. Did you have your dogs balls removed I havent done his yet in 2 minds about it.

Yeah the brakes were not to bad on price :-) Ive fitted BBK to all of cars but only on the last 3 have i gone for front and rear. You do get a bit more travel in brake pedal due to size of the brakes as obviously the master cylinder is still the same size but its nothing to write home about.

If you dont want BBK I still think braided hoses, a decent set of pads are are a worthwhile mod :-)[/quote]

It was a bitch !!! :thumbsup:

I have upgraded ap racing brakes, pagid pads and braided hoses with special fluid on the lotus so I get the BBK stuff. Sometimes the car is actually over-braked in some situations
Currently :
2012 Audi RS4 (B8)

Previously :
2008 BMW X5 3.0sd MSport
2005 BMW 535d MSport