Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Real life pics of the new F15 including the M Sport!

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
6bmw

Real life pics of the new F15 including the M Sport!

Post by 6bmw » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:06 pm

OK - It's official - I really don't like this! I don't even think it can grow on me as it looks too much like an X3  :o

The general consensus always seems to be that "the M Sport will look better than the SE" but in this instance I don't think that holds... let us know what you think...

http://www.xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/ ... -pics.html

4687ah

Re: Real life pics of the new F15 including the M Sport!

Post by 4687ah » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:40 pm

I cant get away with it at all either. Looks to me like BMWs designers are in danger of copying Subaru's party trick of losing existing customers by bringing out a new model which looks worse than the outgoing one.
2006 3.0d Sport, Carbon Black,Comms pack with Assist,Climate pack,Premium + Sport Plus pack, Nappa leather,pano roof, and Comfort seats - which is sadly now sold and has been replaced by a Mazda 6, oh well shit happens.

X5Sport
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by X5Sport » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:53 pm

Oh dear......that's definitely not on my 'would consider' list.  The front is just wrong and tbh it looks like a larger X1.  Let's hope the higher spec versions come with an improved body kit.

Richard
:ant: Never anthropomorphise computers. They hate that.

Benstan

Post by Benstan » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:09 pm

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn_wKJ_7m8g - still cant embed vids...

Some good shots of the X5 through the ages. I am definitely warming to the new one.
Current: 2012 X5 MSport 3.0d - carbon black, 3rd row, panoramic, media, TV, top-view camera, power boot.
Former: 2006 520d SE (E60) - auto, black leather

johnx5

Post by johnx5 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:53 am

Really need to see it in the flesh but initial reaction is not good!!

sramsay

Post by sramsay » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:13 am

Whilst there are some improvements and things that I do like the look of, it's just a bit evolutionary and lacks the wow  factor. All very functional.

My excitement is at about the same level as when I got my new dishwasher with a top rack for loading all the cutlery.

I'm also wondering whether the stone chipping wheel arch issue is why the M Sport looks so plain. Looks like the side profile has been toned right down.

6bmw

Post by 6bmw » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:59 pm

It's all a bit sad really..one expects the announcement of a new model to create excitement but in this case it's the complete opposite. On the other hand everone is raving about the new 7 seater Range Rover Sport that seems to be creating a lot of buzz both within the current owner groups and the press...Jaguar Land Rover sure are getting it right!