Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Cheshire or nwest Suspension issue code reader

Discuss the problems with your X5 (E53).
Davekate

Cheshire or nwest Suspension issue code reader

Post by Davekate » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:59 am

Hi is there anyone in Cheshire area who can scan my g/f car
Yesterday while driving the self level msg came on while driving inc the run flat warning light there's no green lights on the ride height switch and can't hear pump kick in I've checked the 2 fuses in the boot and 1 behind glove box (swapped with another to make sure) and swapped the relay with the other next to it that's the same but nothing
I'm hoping that its a case of just clearing the code as read on net could be the problem I work away during the week and she uses car for work so need sorting ASAP the car looks at right height no loss of air? Yet but could be wrong and it's had 2front struts/bags changed about 8 months ago
Will travel to you if can help

snipez999
Snr Member
Snr Member

Re: Cheshire or nwest Suspension issue code reader

Post by snipez999 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:12 am

Darren wood up near Stockport just off m60 bredbury way. Ex bmw guys and all the gear. Highly recommended by many including me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

Current: Bentley Continental GTC V8S
Previous: Aston Martin DB9; X6 M50d; X6 40d; 535d M Sport; 330d M Sport

Davekate

Post by Davekate » Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:49 am

[quote="snipez999"]
Darren wood up near Stockport just off m60 bredbury way. Ex bmw guys and all the gear. Highly recommended by many including me.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2
[/quote]

Thanks will give ring but gf in work till thurs and not finish until 6 so hopefully hold out till then read a few articles and might just need code clearing hopefully

Davekate

Post by Davekate » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:55 am

Hi took it to darren wood this morn he was fully booked till a week on thurs but he managed to squeeze me in
Diiagnostics came up with high pressure valve in compressor failling intermitently can this be seviced / cleaned as not know what it is and dont want to buy a second hand 1 as only got 67000 miles on car
It may have just been 1 of those things but if can get unit serviced or diy any help would be appreciated
The car had the code cleared all lit up as norma on dashl and working for now £35 inc diagnostics good recomendation thanks

PeterL

Post by PeterL » Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:40 pm

Darren has worked on my M5 for a couple of years now and he is trustworthy.  Damn I just remembered my M5 should have been in there today shite.
Wife's best comment "Your car hates me" ref E39 M5
Wife's next best comment "Your car doesn't go in a straight line" ref E39 M5

BMW E39 M5 Le Mans Blue, Black leather Seats with Silver inserts
BMW X6 40d Azurite Black, Ind Slate Leather, Professional Hi-Fi, Top and Side View cameras,