Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Replacing the battery

Discuss your latest mods or ideas, and anything to do with the BMW X5 (E70).
allanhelen

Re: Replacing the battery

Post by allanhelen » Fri Apr 28, 2017 2:56 pm

[quote="Nictrix"]
It looks like I will be buying a battery in the next few weeks/months as the battery warning light shows up if listening to the radio with the engine off after only a couple of minutes.
Eurocarparts price seems to be £350 before any discounts, but for the same battery from Tayna its only £175.
Anybody used Tayna for buying batteries?
Anybody bought a battery and then got a dealer to code it? How much did they charge?
[/quote]

Don't forget if you are buying from Eurocarparts there are always discount codes available up to 57% off at the minute.

I just got a battery for my car from them 100ah/800CCA and that was just over £100 with free same day delivery. I already had Carly as have owned countless BMW's in the past and coding was a 5 minute job

Nictrix

Post by Nictrix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 pm

[quote="allanhelen"]
[quote="Nictrix"]
It looks like I will be buying a battery in the next few weeks/months as the battery warning light shows up if listening to the radio with the engine off after only a couple of minutes.
Eurocarparts price seems to be £350 before any discounts, but for the same battery from Tayna its only £175.
Anybody bought a battery and then got a dealer to code it? How much did they charge?
[/quote]

Don't forget if you are buying from Eurocarparts there are always discount codes available up to 57% off at the minute.

I just got a battery for my car from them 100ah/800CCA and that was just over £100 with free same day delivery. I already had Carly as have owned countless BMW's in the past and coding was a 5 minute job
[/quote]
Thanks, I did put in the code and it knocked around £100 off but Tayna was still cheaper by about £70

Nictrix

Post by Nictrix » Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:36 pm

[quote="jagr"]
[quote="Nictrix"]
[/quote]

I used Tayna a few years ago and they dispatched quickly and the battery was good for 6 months.
I then contacted them about warranty and I had to pay them to collect the battery to test it. It failed there tests and they sent a replacement but this took 4 days from collection to return.

Since then I will only buy a battery locally as the savings made can disappear if you have a problem later on. Also I am fortunate to have a second car to use while this was going on, if not I would have had to hire/borrow use taxis while it was being rectified.
[/quote]
Thanks for that, you could have been just unlucky with the first one but you are right, buying locally is better and possibly worth the extra cash.

stevo6

Post by stevo6 » Tue May 02, 2017 1:09 pm

How do I know if mine is an AGM battery or not?  There's no indication on the battery...  Part no is S61 21 7 551 331 and googling suggests it is, but not definitive.  Car is an '08 3.0 SD (no start stop).

Cheers

Horizon
Snr Member
Snr Member

Post by Horizon » Tue May 02, 2017 5:15 pm

[quote="stevo6"]
How do I know if mine is an AGM battery or not?  There's no indication on the battery...  Part no is S61 21 7 551 331 and googling suggests it is, but not definitive.  Car is an '08 3.0 SD (no start stop).

Cheers
[/quote]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2009-X5-Bat ... 482?_ul=BO

Out suggesting you buy this,
2011 Kia Sorento KX3  2.2D 60 Plate Auto in black ( mine )
BMW E83 X3.  3.0d M Sport, 2008 in black ( now gone )
BMW E93 330i Convertible  Msport  2007.  ( Now sold )
VW Golf 2.0 TDI 140 GT 2010 ( now sold )
Now Sold 55 plate, X5, 3.0 D Sport. Silv

stevo6

Post by stevo6 » Tue May 02, 2017 7:17 pm

[quote="Horizon"]
[quote="stevo6"]

Cheers
[/quote]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2009-X5-Bat ... 482?_ul=BO

Out suggesting you buy this,